Publishing to LINE
Learn how to configure the integration with LINE. Let users of LINE message your bot and get quick answers.
To publish your chatbot to LINE, you will need to create a Messaging API channel.
Create a Messaging API provider
First, you have to open the LINE Developers Console and create a Provider. The service is provided free of charge for LINE business accounts.
Create a Messaging API channel
In your newly created provider you need to create a new Messaging API channel.
Obtain your Messaging API channel’s credentials
From the Basic settings of your newly created channel you should be able to retrieve its Channel secret. In the Messaging API tab of your channel scroll down to Channel access token and issue a Long-lived channel access token
Create a new channel in NativeChat
- Open the Publishing section of your NativeChat bot.
- Click the Add button for LINE to open the Add LINE configuration form.
- Provide the Channel secret and Long-lived channel access token you have obtained from your Messaging API channel.
- Click the Add configuration button. You will receive a Webhook URL that you will need to enter in the Messaging API tab of your LINE channel in the LINE Developers Console.
Configure the Webhook URL
Open the Messaging API tab of your LINE channel in the LINE Developers Console. Next locate the Edit button below the Webhook URL title in the Webhook settings section. Click the Edit button and paste the endpoint URL that was generated by NativeChat, and click the Update button. Afterwards locate the Use webhook switch and flip it. This will connect your LINE bot channel with NativeChat and you should now be able to chat with the bot.
Remove the bot’s automatic reply
After you’ve done all the steps above you’ll notice the bot immediately responds with an automatic response stating Unfortunately, this account isn’t set up to reply directly to messages. In order to disable this you need to head to the Messaging API tab of your LINE channel in the LINE Developers Console. Locate Auto-reply messages and click the green Edit button on the right side. In the newly opened tab locate Auto-response and click on the Disabled radio button next to it.
Test your bot
With LINE for Android or iOS
To add your bot as a contact to your LINE account you will have to:
- Open the Messaging API tab of your LINE channel in the LINE Developers Console.
- On your mobile device open the LINE application.
- In the LINE mobile application navigate to Home and then click Add friends -> QR code
- Scan the QR code displayed in the Messaging API tab of your LINE channel
The LINE channel is still in Beta and is missing some of the features available in the other channels that NativeChat provides.
- Multi-select is not supported.
- Quick reply, Location picker, Third-party Authentication, Date picker, Single-select, and Carousel are only supported for the LINE mobile application (iOS and Android).