Learn how to develop, train, test and publish chatbots with NativeChat.
Read through some general explanations about what NativeChat platform can do and how it works.
- Overview - Introduction to the basic terms of chatbot development and development workflow of NativeChat.
- Design & Planning - A list of best practices when developing a chatbot.
- Tutorial: Comprehensive - In-depth guide on all important NativeChat concepts.
- Tutorial: Quickstart - Shows you how to build a sample chatbot for booking an appointment with a doctor.
Cognitive Flow Configuration
Learn how to define conversations and steps in each conversation of your bot.
- Overview - Explains the basic terms used when defining a cognitive flow.
- Conversations - Explains the different types of conversations.
- Steps Configuration - Documentation for the configuration of all types of steps and their properties.
- Working with Bot Memory - How to store, access and format data from bot memory.
- Settings - Configuration of the general bot settings.
- Authentication - Configuration of 3rd-party authentication from the bot.
Natural Language Processing
Learn how to train your bot’s understanding of what users say.
- Blog post: What is Natural Language Processing (NLP)?
- Conversation triggers - Help your chatbot identify the correct conversation from the Cognitive Flow that needs to be started.
- Entities - Explains the basic terms used when defining a cognitive flow.
- Question answering - Train your bot for Small Talk and Frequently Asked Questions.
- Dynamic Training - Configure NativeChat to use training data from your system by executing an REST API call.
- Import Training Definition - Bulk-import training data using JSON definition.
- Understanding assessment - Annotate user phrases to enrich FAQ capabilities.
- Test set - See and modify phrases added through Understanding assessment.
Testing & Debugging
Tips and tricks for testing and debugging your bot.
- Overview - Introduction to testing and debugging NativeChat bots.
- Blog post: 5 Handy Tricks for Improving Your Chatbot Understanding with NativeChat - Introduction to testing and debugging NativeChat bots.
- Developer Productivity - How to test & debug your chatbot on various channels.
- Training Problems Check - Analyze your NLP training data for problems.
- Proxy bots - Use NativeChat’s proxy bots for Facebook Messenger and Amazon Alexa to test on these platforms before going live.
NativeChat bot can work on variety of channels - web, mobile, or social media. Check the how-to guides on publishing yours.
- Publishing - Publishing your bot on all supported channels.
Learn more about the analytics data provided by NativeChat. Use this information to improve your bot’s performance and functionality over time.
- Collaboration Access - Give administartive access to your bot to collaborators.
- Authentication Methods - Advanced authentication for endpoints used in the webhook steps of your bot.
- External History Storage - Configure your bot to send each completed conversation’s data to the specified endpoint and delete it from Progress’ data storage systems
- Low Confidence Suggestions - Configure your bot to provide suggestions when it understands the user message with low confidence.
- Search Fallback - Configure your bot to search for an expression when it does not understand the user message.
- User feedback - Configure your bot to ask the user for feedback after it has answered an FAQ, finished a conversation or executed search.
Somethings missing or not clear?
Ask a question in our community forums or submit a support ticket.